Designer: Piero Lissoni
Kartell Piuma Armchair designed by Piero Lissoni is one of the most revolutionary and enterprising products in Kartell’s repertoire of technology and materials.
It has taken 2 years of research & development to finally settle on the unusual blend needed to create the Piuma armchair design. This is a thermoplastic polymer compounded with numerous fibres including carbon in order to give the structure greater rigidity and a low weight.
This compound comes from two diverse sectors of the industry, ie. automotive and aeronautics, which is unprecedented in the furniture industry. By applying new injection moulding techniques of a wide range of materials, which was designed exclusively by Kartell, has enabled the production of this advanced chair.
The main advantages of this beautifully sculptured Piuma chair are;
- because of it's slender design measuring just 2mm thick around the seat & arms, is extremely lightweight (barely 2.2 kg)
- ergonomically shaped for maximum comfort.
- due to its non corrosive material composition is equally suitable for use in inside & outside environments.
The product name Piuma means feather, ie. is as light as a feather & can be lifted with just 2 fingers. It is the first time that a material containing carbon fibre has been injection moulded for aesthetic reasons.
Available colours are white (03), grey (GR), sage green (VE), mustard (SE), rusty orange (RU) and black (09).
EARLIEST DELIVERY TIMES FOR THE KARTELL PIUMA CHAIRS;
- black & white colours, for orders placed by 1st November, are available for delivery in December & before Christmas 2016
- grey, sage green, mustard & rusty orange are available for delivery at the end of January 2017
- width: 62 cm
- depth: 54 cm
- height: 77 cm
- seat height: 48 cm
- arm rest height: 65 cm